Annual State of Transactional Communications
InfoTrends, a leading provider of market research and strategic consulting for the digital imaging and document solutions industry, conducted a survey of 300 North American enterprise executives to better understand their priorities in reaching customers. According to the results, these executives want to develop enterprise-wide customer communications strategies that address the following critical issues:
- Maintaining a secure environment to ensure all content (regulated and unregulated) is created, managed and distributed effectively.
Enterprises are struggling to balance their desire for deeper data analytics and their need to protect customer privacy while maintaining regulatory compliance. Today’s marketplace is characterized by increasingly sophisticated security breaches, heightened regulatory oversights and complex compliance requirements.
- Implementing strategies to reduce costs.
In order to devise a customer communications plan that improves customer experience and ultimately drives revenue, enterprises and their provider partners must first eliminate unnecessary expenditures. Some of the critical objectives being explored include:
- Digitizing infrastructure with the right skills and staff expertise
- Increasing paper turn-off rate
- Maximizing production/communication efficiency
- Improving the customer experience through consistent and personalized communications via the best channel(s)
Enterprises are looking to improve the customer experience through a cohesive approach that unites interactions across various communications channels. One important element is personalization, which drives greater relevancy. The right data and customer preferences must be captured so the right message can be delivered via the best channel at the most appropriate time in the customer journey.
- Getting the data right to deliver on the promise of personalization
As previously mentioned, data is the key enabler of personalization. Although enterprises have access to more data than ever before, properly harnessing it to improve communications and the customer experience, is the real challenge. Fortunately, some of today’s new and emerging technologies can assist in selecting, organizing and using data to power customized messaging.
To learn more about customer communications management and Taylor Communications’ single source solution, read the complete white paper
from Keypoint Intelligence — InfoTrends.